• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Is This Really A Final Fantasy VII Trailer? We Still Don't Know Sephiroth Or No

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Bonebrain wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
It’s not like they’d turn it into a live service game Razz

I could see something like the not-Dino Crisis live-service game that made everyone think it's one game but it's another one. But does Capcom even make RPGs anymore? I can imagine them turning it into an action game or something at the very least.

I'm pretty sure BadNewBlues was making a coy reference to Breath of Fire 6, which only came out in Japan in early 2016 & was pretty much a free-to-play, live service online RPG that wound up getting completely shut down in late 2017. Despite even bringing back Kappei Yamaguchi & Kyoko Hikami to voice Ryu & Nina, just as they had done for BoF's III, IV, & V, the game was summarily trashed critically in Japan & was dead after less than two whole years in service.

Yep.
juaifan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:23 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
I mean, Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming out in a month or two and is one of the most-anticipated RPGs of 2024.

Dragon's Dogma is more of an action game than an actual RPG. But then some people call Zelda an RPG so I guess that term is very broad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3